President’s Volunteer Service Award
Alliance for Impact is now a certifying nonprofit organization to apply the President’s Volunteer Service Award for eligible volunteers! Please feel free to fill out the application form on our website and our staff will confirm your volunteer experiences and hours and apply for the PVSA packages for you if you and your services are eligible.
If you were not involved in community services or volunteer activities before, and would like to gain experiences and contribute back to your community, please feel free to contact us and join our volunteer activities organized by Alliance for Impact.
About the PVSA
- United States citizen or lawful permanent resident of the United States (i.e., green card holder)
- Must be at least five years old
- Completes eligible service within a 12-month period (for annual Bronze, Silver, and Gold Awards) and over a lifetime (for Lifetime Achievement Awards)
- Unpaid acts of volunteer service benefitting others
Service through National service programs that provide a stipend (e.g., Peace Corps, AmeriCorps) may count towards the Lifetime Achievement Award, but not for the annual Bronze, Silver, and Gold Awards)
Travel stipends, transit/parking passes, membership passes, expense reimbursements, and other nominal volunteer support do not impact service eligibility
Eligible Service does not include:
- Donating funds
- Political lobbying (Non-partisan voter registration is an eligible activity)
- Religious instruction
- Conducting worship service
- Volunteer service performed as part of court-ordered community service
- Serving only family members
The official President’s Volunteer Service Award pin, coin, or medallion
A personalized certificate of achievement and letter signed by President Joseph R. Biden, Jr.
The award elements above come together as a Complete Package
The following are the service hour benchmarks for award levels:
|Age Group||Bronze (hours)||Silver (hours)||Gold (hours)||Lifetime (hours)|
|Young Adults(16-25 years)||100-174||175-249||250+||4,000|
|Families & Groups||200-499||500-999||1,000+||N/A|